From history and art, to wine tasting – these are top things to do indoors in Solvang.
Here are our picks for the top indoor activities in Solvang:
- Art & Culture: Experience Danish history and art at our local museums and businesses. Don’t miss one of the few museums outside of Denmark devoted to the Danish culture and the Danish-American experience – Elverhoj Museum of HIstory & Art.
- Shopping: Downtown Solvang is very walkable. Take a stroll through our charming streets and visit superb boutiques, including Danish import specialists.
- Wow Your Taste Buds: Indulge in international cuisine such as Danish, Italian, Chinese, German, and Japanese. Solvang’s got it all!
- Wine Country: We are in the heart of wine country. Taste at more than 19 Santa Barbara County Wine Country wine tasting rooms while you’re here.
- Historic Missions: Experience one of the original 21 California Missions, which commands a superb view of the Santa Ynez River Valley and the Santa Ynez and San Rafael mountain ranges. The mission continues its central role in the spiritual and social life of the Santa Ynez Valley today as an active parish church of approximately 1,000 families. It is administered by the Capuchin Franciscan order.
- Celebrate An Author: You may also enjoy the Hans Christian Andersen Museum, which is operated by the Ugly Duckling Foundation, a non profit organization established to foster public understanding and enjoyment of Hans Christian Andersen and his work.
Stop by our visitor information center for even more great travel and sightseeing tips in Solvang. We hope to see you soon!